Section 1 contact information
Section 2 Policies & legalities
Code of conduct *
1. Act in a sporting manner at all times.
2. Avoid improper conduct.
3. Honour all laws of soccer especially those, which forbid abusive language, sexual or discriminatory remarks and physical violence.
4. Display respect for: (a) the referee and his/her decisions at all times, (b) the other team's players, coaches, and spectators
5. Maintain a positive attitude at games.
6. Do not litter or damage the parks and fields. Please conduct yourselves in an environmentally responsible manner.
7. Assume the best of each other.
Photograph/Image Consent Form *
I hereby grant permission to STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT and its representatives to photograph and video me, and otherwise capture my image, and to make recordings of my voice. I further grant to STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT and its representatives the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast and distribute these images and recordings in any media now known or later developed for promoting, publicizing or explaining STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT and its activities and for administrative, educational or research purposes. Photographs, video images and voice recordings are the property of the STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT.
Policies and Procedures *
I,the undersigned hereby release the STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT committee and the SWOT Soccer League from any and all responsibility/ liability for any injury to me incurred during games or practices and for any loss or damage to personal property.
Consent for use of personal information *
(2) Furthermore, I grant permission to the organization to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audio tape, and to use this material to promote masters swimming through the media of newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print and/or display form. I understand that I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes.
(3) I understand that I may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the Organization's Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal.
(4)**WE DO NOT SELL OR DISTRIBUTE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY NOT LISTED HEREIN**
Waiver and release of liability *
(1) This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the ONTARIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms. (2) (DISCLAIMER) The ONTARIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/ operators of facilities, and representatives (the "Organization") are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization. (3) (DESCRIPTION OF RISKS) In consideration of my participation as a Participant in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to injuries from: (a) Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer; (b) Dry land training including weights, running, and massage; (c) Grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes; (d) Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces; (e) Collisions with walls and soccer equipment; (f) Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment; (g) Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed; (h) Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke, or hypothermia; (i) Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles; (j) Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts; (k) Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; (l) Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization's activities. (4) I am aware that (a) Injuries sustained in soccer can be severe; (b) I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact; (c) I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities; (d) My risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; (e) My risk of injury increases as I become fatigued. (5) (RELEASE OF LIABILITY) In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate as a Participant, I agree: (a) To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation; (b) To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I might sustain while participating; (c) To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
Accident Insurance & Acknowledgement *
(1) Executing this agreement will not preclude you from accident insurance coverage, subject to the terms and conditions of the ONTARIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION'S insurance policy. (2) By agreeing below you agree that you are the player being registered and to be bound by this legal agreement even if you have not read this agreement.
Steve Turner Memorial Tournament Rules *
PLEASE REMEMBER: This is a friendly tournament to promote Mental Health Awareness. We are here to honour and remember Steve Turner, for everything he did for the soccer community and for his impact on each of us.
The Referees are DONATING their time today – please be respectful of all calls, even the ones you do not agree with – again we are here for a friendly event.
Unless otherwise noted, FIFA Laws of the Game will be in effect. These laws can be accessed on the official FIFA web site: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/officialdocuments/doclists/laws.html.
• All teams must complete the tournament registration form and sign waiver prior to first game.
• All games are 40 minutes in length, with no half time break (teams change ends after 20 minutes).
• There must be a minimum of four (4)/maximum of six (6) players on the field at a time. One player shall be the designated goalkeeper. Co-ed division requires a minimum of two (2) female player on the field at all times, not including the goalkeeper. NOTE: Teen Co-ed division requires a minimum of one (1) female player on the field at all times, not including the goalkeeper.
• All players will be subject to FIFA rules regarding jewelry.
• Unlimited substitution is allowed, substituting on the fly.
• If the official determines that there are too many players on the field, the offending team will be awarded a two (2) minute penalty. In the event that the opposing team scores a goal, the penalty will be deemed served and the player allowed to be returned to play.
• NO OFFSIDE RULE.
• When the ball leaves the field of play along the sideline, a throw-in will be used to re-start the game. When the ball leaves the field of play from the goal line on either side of the goal posts, the re-start will be either a goal kick or a corner kick.
• All free kicks are indirect – with the exception of penalty shots.
• Free Kicks will be awarded when:
a) A player commits a foul outside the marked penalty area.
b) The ball strikes surrounding supports and/or structures.
• Players must respect the required distance of ten (10) yards on all starts and re-starts.
• Foul play in the goal area will result in a penalty kick.
• A penalty kick will be taken with a keeper in net from a distance of ten (10) yards from the goal line.
• A referee’s decision is FINAL.
Dissent by word or action will not be tolerated. Any player, coach/assistant deemed by the referee to be guilty of dissent may be penalized by any or all of the following; yellow card, two minute penalty, ejection from the game.
2016 STEVE TURNER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
• Fouls will result in a two (2) minute penalty – at the referee’s discretion. The timekeeper will inform the penalized player when they can return to the field. In the event that the opposing team scores a goal – the penalty will be deemed served and the player allowed to return to play. Players and coaches receiving a red card are ejected from the game and will be suspended from all games for the remainder of the day. The offending player’s team will be required to play “short” for a total of five (5) minutes, regardless of goals scored by the opposing team.
• A team shall be awarded three (3) points for a win, one (1) point for a tie, zero (0) for a loss.
• Ties will stand in all games. In the event of ties in the standings the following breakers will be used to determine which teams continue:
a) Goal difference
b) Goals for
c) Goals against
d) Head to head record
e) The result of the first head to head game
f) Coin Flip
• If the final game results in a tie score at the end of regulation time, the game will be decided by:
a) 10 minute “sudden victory” overtime (two 5 minute halves).
b) Shoot out as per FIFA rules if the game is still tied after overtime.
• The tournament convenor and/or referees will decide any issues not covered in the above.
All decisions will be final.
Section 3 e-signature and acknowledgement
If you are not currently registered in an OSA sanctioned league, you will be required to include an OSA insurance fee of $28. OSA payments may be made through e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, cheque or cash. All OSA fees must be paid by August 26th. If not paid, players will not placed on a tournament team.
Thank you! Please send E-transfer payments to email@example.com